Lansdowne :- Lansdowne, a cantonment town in the Garhwal district of Uttarakhand is one of the most popular spots among the tourists. Lansdowne is one of the quietest hill stations of India and holds a terrific historical value. This town is situated at a height of 1706 meters above sea level and is beautifully surrounded with thick oak and blue pine forests.
Best time to Visit :- March to June in summers and September to November in autumn are the best times to enjoy camping.
Nearest Airport :- The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun, 152 km from Lansdowne.
Nearest Railways station :- Lansdowne is 41 km away from Kotdwar Railway Station.
For More Travel related videos please visit :-
SUBSCRIBE to this channel for more Awesome Videos.
Best Places to Visit in Lansdowne :-
1. Tip n top :- Tiffin Top is a beautiful picnic spot located at a height of 2000 m above sea level and it provides an awesome view of the Chaukhamba and Trishul peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas. The sunset view from here is truly memorable. It is an ideal place to spend some quality time with family and friends amidst this beautiful location. This place needs a short walk of about 200 meters from the motorable road.
2. Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple :- Located atop a hill at 2092 meters, TarkeshwarMahadev Temple is believed to be one of the ancient holy sites or SiddhaPitas dedicated to Lord Shiva. The Mahashivarathri festival draws a huge crowd from across the country.
3. St Marry Church :- At a distance of 2.5 km from Lansdowne Market, St. Mary Church is an Anglican church situated near the Tip-In-Top hill point of Lansdowne. This Church is a beautiful structure with its Victorian style architecture. It attracts a significant number of visitors because of its beautiful stained glass windows.
4. Darwan Singh museum :- At a distance of 500 m from Lansdowne Market near Parade Ground, Darwan Singh museum, Regimental Museum is a historical defense museum named after the famous Victoria Cross holder Darwan Singh Negi. It has a picture gallery and a short 10 minute documentary on history of Lansdowne and Garhwal Rifles is played.
Entry Fee: Rs. 10 per person
5. Bhulla lake :- One of the most favorite picnic spots among locals and tourists, Bhulla lake is a well maintained serene lake made and maintained by Indian Army. Bhulla lake is loved for its tranquil atmosphere as it is not much populate and there are ample boating facilities available here.
6. Kaleshwer temple :- At a distance of 1.5 km from Lansdowne Market, Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple is an ancient temple situated in Lansdowne. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is maintained by the army.KaleshwarMahadev Temple is a major place of worship for the people of Lansdowne.
7. Jwalpa Devi Temple:- Surrounded by the beauty of nature, Jwalpa devi temple offers lush green ambience to tourist from different corners of the world. Jwalpa devi temple is a holy and religious place. It is a renowned Siddhpeeth and is located near the road between Pauri and Satpuli.
8. St. John Church :- At a distance of 2 km from Lansdowne Market, St. John Church is a Roman Catholic Church located at the Mall Road near St. Mary Church in Lansdowne. St. John Church is the only running Church in Lansdowne and was established in 1936 under the supervision of Agra Diocese. The beautiful interiors and beautiful surroundings of the church attract pilgrims and tourists.
9. Bhim Pakora :- It can be reached after a 2km trek downhill on a rough path and the place is quite surprising as there are two big stones one above the other in perfect balance and while the stone can be moved with a finger it never falls down.
10. Durga Devi Temple :- At a distance of 28 km from Lansdowne, Durga Devi Temple is an ancient temple situated on the bank of River Khoh at Dugadda in PauriGarhwal district of Himachal Pradesh. This temple is located inside a cave and is dedicated to Goddesses Durga and is considered to be one of the oldest Siddh Piths. The temple is situated on the slope of a hill near the road to Pauri.
Audio Credit :- Song: Chris Henry – Flash (Vlog No Copyright Music) Music promoted by Vlog No Copyright Music. Video Link: https://youtu.be/CZbq2c4p0cs